Hospice Africa Uganda wishes to recruit a dynamic, skilled and caring Ugandans committed to palliative care to fill the following positions based at our head office in Makindye, Kampala.
To manage financial resources effectively and efficiently while complying with HAU and professional accounting and finance standards.
- Supervision: Supervises the cash management process in the collection of all revenue including receipt, deposit and data entry of all payments made within HAU’s resource planning system; Directly involves in the collection efforts for all HAU funds.
- Technical Support: Maintains accurate financial records of HAU; Coordinates tuition payment plans for the students; Serves as a custodian for all cash receipts; Develops and maintains sound working relationships with banks and other financial institutions in accordance with state statutes and HAU policies; Answers student questions concerning fees and costs of registration, both by phone, email and in person.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare as needed weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and analysis; Support and guide HAU sub grantees in financial matters; Prepare donor reports as designated by supervisor; Prepare and constantly update the Finance office procedures manual
- Computerized/ Manual Financial Accounting System: Post all primary transactions into the HAU computerized accounting system and in time; Manage the set up and maintenance of computerized accounting records; Develops coding processes for student waivers and exemptions
- Planning and Budgeting: Participate in the planning and budgeting process by providing all the required information as required; Plan, coordinate and evaluate short and long range financial goals of HAU
- Receipts and Payments: Review cash reconciliation reports; Review and ensure adequate support documents on each payment transaction are attached and that all payments are stamped “PAID”
- Internal and External Audit programmes: Assist in the preparation of internal and external audit programmes and participate in the entire audit process
Minimum Requirements: A degree in Accounting with; ACCA, CPA or CIMA; Accounting professional qualification; At least 3 years of cumulative working experience in the same field. Experience in a health Institution work environment and NGO experience are added advantages.
How To Apply: Qualified And Interested Candidates may hand deliver a detailed resume with a cover letter Indicating three work related referees to the Human Resource Office at Hospice Africa Uganda offices in Makindye, Hoima or Mbarara. OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for receiving applications is 20th June, 2017.
2. Systems Administrator
To maintain the organization’s IT network, servers and security systems to ensure continuity of the organizational activities.
- Install, upgrade and monitor software and hardware.
- Data backup and recovery.
- Maintain the essentials such as operating systems, security tools, web-servers, email, PCs, local and wide area networking both hardware and software and mid-range server hardware.
- Keep up to date on new developments in the technology industry,
- Assist users with more basic IT needs.
Skills Required and competencies
- Be user-oriented and prioritise facilitating the working environment of the team
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills
- A working knowledge of IT operating systems,
- Hands on experience of installing IT hardware and software
- Technically knowledgeable in systems administration, protocols Microsoft Cloud,
- Good organisational skills
- Good time management
- Attention to detail
Minimum Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Network Administration. At least 3 years of cumulative working experience in the same field. Experience in a health Institution work environment and NGO experience are added advantages
How To Apply: Qualified And Interested Candidates may hand deliver a detailed resume with a cover letter Indicating three work related referees to the Human Resource Office at Hospice Africa Uganda offices in Makindye OR Email: email@example.com. Deadline for receiving applications is 16th June, 2017.