Hospice Africa Uganda wishes to recruit a dynamic, skilled and caring Ugandan committed to palliative care to fill the following position based at our head office in Makindye, Kampala.
Title: Grants Manager
Location: Makindye – Kampala
Job Purpose: Working in Development Department, the Grant’s Manager’s main role will be securing institutional funding to enable Hospice Africa Uganda attain its mission. This position is also responsible for collecting, analyzing and reporting data on the performance of program activities that are funded by third party public and/or private.
- Proposal development: Searching for, developing, and negotiating partnerships with donors. Writing & submission of proposals to donors. Responding to donor feedback and revising proposals as needed. Outlining key messaging, and writing to persuade donor giving. Coordinating the work of members coopted to support proposal writing into cohesive& compelling proposals and budgets.
- Information Management: Create and manage templates for proposal development, information gathering& donor reporting. Work closely with Programmes and Communications teams to draw upon and add to HAU’s core messaging, providing a key resource for knowledge and programming
- Donor Reporting: Working with Programme Manager support submission of reports.
- Others: Support development of new initiatives and take lead in HAU fundraising activities.
1.Master’s degree preferred, with at least 5 years of relevant experience with 3 years’ experience at senior level in global grants making. Excellent communication, persuasive writing and presentation skills. Coordination and time management skills.
2.Candidate MUST have kills in online fundraising
3.Qualified candidates should possess excellent computer skills (Microsoft office Word, Access, Power point & Publisher) and data base management skills- managing donor’s data base and individual’s members’ contributions.
4.The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
5. Previous experience will demonstrate a proven track record in securing new funding opportunities;
6.Comprehensive knowledge of research, the ability to distinguish and identify needs for proposal writing and funding opportunities for different programmes
How to apply:
Hand-deliver CV & Cover letter with 3 referees to: The HR& Admin Manager on Plot 130 Makindye Road, Kampala or email: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 17th November, 2018.
How To Apply: Qualified And Interested Candidates may hand deliver a detailed resume with a cover letter Indicating three work related referees to the Human Resource Office at Hospice Africa Uganda offices in Makindye OR Email: email@example.com.
Application should be addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Hospice Africa Uganda
P.O. Box 7757 Kampala
Plot 130, Makindye Rd, Opposite Makindye Country Club